Kunsang Yeshe Retreat Centre is a not-for-profit organisation which has been 100% run by volunteers throughout its 30+ year history. Volunteers enable us to survive, thrive and contribute to the happiness of our Mountains community by supporting Buddhist teachings at our Centre. So volunteering for Kunsang Yeshe supports the Centre in important ways and, in our experience, can also give our volunteers a sense of joy, purpose and belonging. It is also a way to meet new people and provide service to the dharma.
What volunteering roles are available?
There are a wide range of roles and tasks that our volunteers perform. Click on the titles below to expand the options. If any activities interest you or you have other skills you could offer, please complete the online form below.
- Hosting teachers in your home (preferably in separate accommodation)
- Transporting teachers to & from teachings
- Transporting teachers to & from the Mountains
- Using audio-visual equipment including Zoom
- Cooking/bringing plates of food to share
- Processing general sales (using Square payment system)
- Maintaining shelves (including dusting & re-stocking)
- Processing event registrations & sales
- Daily altar set-up (when the Centre is open)
- Housekeeping duties including dusting & vacuuming
- Maintenance of Gompa flowers
- Library support
- Facilitating Drop-in meditations
- Distributing posters/flyers in your local mountain area
- Serve on the KYRC committee
How do I apply?
There are two ways of applying to become a Kunsang Yeshe volunteer:
- After viewing the list of volunteer roles, complete your contact details in the online form below and we will get in touch with you.
- Alternatively, email the Volunteer Coordinator directly with information about yourself and your areas of interest at email@example.com
Either way we’ll welcome your application and look forward to meeting you.